- Patented RPA tube preamp
- EasyRider® Class A automatic compressor
- Patented logic-assisted gate
- Universal de-esser
- Patented Aphex Aural Exciter® and Big Bottom® processors
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital outputs
Complete High Performance Channel Strip
With more and more studios foregoing consoles in favor of recording and mixing "in the box", a clean and versatile front end input stage is indispensible. There are dozens and dozens of channel strips and similar devices to choose from, but none that come close to the Channel in terms of sound, features or performance.
Our legendary Model 230 has been re-imagined as the Channel, adding a host of new features to address a greater number of workflows while retaining the sound, functionality and versatility that made the 230 one of the most in-demand processors ever for professional audio, live sound, broadcast and post production.
Channel incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design, including five of Aphex's exclusive patented technologies. The result is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility.
The elegant front panel not only looks great, but is laid out in an intuitive, easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the foundation of the Model 230, the Channel features an instrument input, dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate and clock source selection; and a reference quality internal clock.
Broadcast - Channel is a tube microphone preamp and signal processor that is an indispensable broadcast station tool. You'll find them in the production room and installed as permanent on-air processing for pumping up voices.
Recording Studios - Channel is a powerful and easy-to-use channel strip for commercial and project studios, featuring our reflected-plate amplifier tube microphone preamp design plus compression, gating, de-esser, parametric EQ, Aural Exciter and Big Bottom bass enhancement.
Live Sound - When space is at a premium in a touring rig, and night after night reliability is essential, the rugged Channel provides all the top quality processing needed for any instrument without taking up precious rack space.
Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier (RPA) Tube Preamp
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
- Individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency: any two units are a matched pair
EasyRider Class A Compressor
- Aphex's patented Wave Dependent Compressor automatically adjusts attack and release times according to program complexity
- No-Knee compression curve circuitry automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
- Includes Aphex's 1001 Class A Voltage Controlled Attenuator, used in the Compellor and Dominator
- Logic Assisted Gate: Patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
- De-Esser: Split band universal de-esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
- Aural Exciter: Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility
- Big Bottom: Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- Parametric EQ: For the ability to precisely fine tune the all-important midrange between the Big Bottom and Aural Exciter
|Type||Transformerless, NPN active balanced, tube second stage|
|Input Z||2k ? nominal|
|Maximum Input Level (MIL)||+25dBu|
|CMRR||>70 dB @ 60 Hz|
|Nominal Preamp Gain||20 to 65 dB|
|EIN||-127dBu (input shorted)|
|Tube Type||12AT7/ECC81 Dual Triode|
|Connector||XLR-3M and 1/4" TRS phone jacks|
|Type||XLR is Impedance Balanced (may be used unbalanced)
TRS is unbalanced
|Out Z Balanced||XLR 66 ?|
|Out Z Unbalanced||XLR 33 ?
TRS 600 ?
|Nominal Level||XLR +4dBu
|Maximum Output Level||+25dBu Unloaded
|Attack / Release||Program dependent, user variable release baseline|
|Hold / Release||300 milliseconds / 400 milliseconds|
|Threshold||-50 to +20dB (variable)|
|Depth||1 to 58dB (variable)|
|Threshold||Variable -20 to +20dB|
|Active Band||4 kHz to 20kHz Linkwitz-Riley 24 db/octave crossover|
|Connector Type - Send||1/4" TRS phone jack (balanced)|
|Connector Type - Return||1/4" TRS phone jack (balanced)|
|Nominal Operating Level||0 dBu|
|Point of Insertion||Between dynamics processing and equalizers|
|Frequency||50 Hz to 280 Hz|
|Tune||Off to +12dB|
|Frequency Tune||240 Hz to 8 kHz|
|Peak / Dip||±12dB|
|Q Range||0.5 to 5|
|Frequency Tune||500 Hz to 5kHz|
|Mix||Off to +12dB|
|THD||<.01% @ +4dBu Out|
|IMD||<.01% @ +4dBu Out|
|Freq Response (Flat)||18 Hz to 24kHz ±1dB|
|Internal Sample Rates||44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz|
|External Sample Rates||Automatically syncs to any Word Clock between 32KHz and 96KHz|
|Word Clock Input||BNC jack, High Z, Captures|
|Word Clock Output||BNC jack, 75 ?, 5Vp-p|
|Dynamic Range||Digital dynamic range greater than analog front end|
|Noise Dither||Dithered by analog preamp noise floor. Equivalent to 16-bit digital audio dither.|
|Level Equivalency||-20dBFS Digital = +4dBu Analog|
|Power Requirements||90-250 VAC 50-60 Hz 12W|
|Dimensions||19"W x 1.75"H x 8.25" D 1 Rack U (482.6mm x 44.5mm x 209.6mm)|
|Depth Behind Front Panel||7.5" (190.5mm)|
|Net Weight||6 lbs (2.73 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||9 lbs (4.1 kg|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.