The flagship of Lab.gruppen’s touring amplifier line, the FP 14000 produces a staggering total output power of 14000 W – an unprecedented achievement in a 2U frame weighing only 12 kg. The forceful high-current output stage is built around patented Class TD® technology, a breakthrough topology that approaches the efficiency of Class D while retaining the favored sound quality of proven Class B designs. At the same time, Lab.gruppen’s Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) has been updated to provide more sustained high power during extended bursts of low frequency content.
The FP 14000 is shipped with a NomadLink® network interface as standard. In conjunction with DeviceControl software, NomadLink allows monitoring of all key amplifier parameters and remote control of power on/off, channel mutes, and channel solo functions. (NomadLink requires the separate NLB 60E NomadLink Bridge & Network Controller)
View all key performance parameters at a glance – in real time – on the comprehensive front panel display. The FP+ provides the most complete and useful front panel indication on the market today. Bright, color-coded LEDs give clear status indication of all control activation, warnings and faults – without scrolling through menus. Conditions such as blown drivers, shorted lines, and over-temperature channels are easily recognizable. You won’t waste time trying to decipher a generic “trouble light.”
The FP+ rear panel provides all the input and output connections you’ll need plus RJ45 in and out for NomadLink® control and monitoring. With the DIP-switch matrix, you can assign a hard or soft attack to the limiter functions, set overall gain to one of seven different levels, bridge any pair of channels, and set the VPL for optimum output characteristics with the connected load. All in a matter of seconds while the amp is in the rack.
To achieve the extreme power-to-size ratio in the FP+ Series, Lab.gruppen engineers refined and upgraded two proprietary technologies: the regulated switch-mode power supply (R.SMPS™) and the patented Class TD™ output stage. Both are incorporated in all four FP+ Series amplifiers. Working together, this new generation of proprietary circuits produces more power from a smaller package while at the same time maintaining Lab.gruppen’s peerless reputation for sonic excellence.
To ensure efficient, uniform cooling, the ultra-efficient Intercooler® uses thousands of tiny copper cooling fins to increase exposure of the heat sink to the cooling air flow. Twin variable-speed fans respond to temperature sensors, forcing air over the Intercooler fins in a front-to-rear flow. All output devices are mounted transverse to the airflow, so the cooling effect is uniform. There are no “end-of-tunnel” output transistors subject to greater warming and, consequently, possible premature failure.
Lab Gruppen FP 14000 Features:
- Unprecedented Power Density: The FP 14000 delivers a total of 14000 W (2 x 7000 W @ 2 ohms) in only 2U.
- Lab.gruppen Sound Quality: The FP 14000 is optimized for sustained performance into extreme low-frequency loads, yet it also maintains Lab.gruppen’s reputation for exceptionally smooth and transparent mid- and high-frequency response.
- NomadLink® Network Ready: Monitoring and control of key functions accessible via the intuitive DeviceControl software and the robust, daisy-chained NomadLink® network, as well as by the leading third party control platforms.
- Patented Class TD® Amplifier Topology: Road-proven output stage delivers Class B audio quality with Class D efficiency.
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™): Output power remains constant even with significant drops in the mains voltage.
- Efficient Cooling System: Unique, lightweight Intercooler® copper cooling system dissipates more heat to allow extended peak output.
- Adjustable Parameters: Selectable Gain, scalable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), and bridge-mode operation allow custom configuration for any system or application.
- Comprehensive Protection and Warning: Excessive output current, DC, high temperature, very high frequency (VHF), short circuit, open load, mains fuse protection, and soft start.
- XLR Input and Link Connectors
- Heavy-Duty Binding Posts
Lab Gruppen FP 14000 Specifications:
- Number of channels: 2
- Peak Total Output (Both Channels Driven): 14000W
- Peak Output Voltage Per Channel: 195 V
- Max. Output Current Per Channel: 83 A peak
- Max. Output Power:
- Per Channel (Both Channels Driven):
- 2 ohms: 7000 W
- 4 ohms: 4400 W
- 8 ohms: 2350 W
- 16 ohms: 1200 W
- Bridged (Per Channel):
- 4 ohms: 14000 W
- 8 ohms: 8800 W
- 16 ohms: 4700 W
- Performance with Gain: 35 dB and VPL - 195 V
- THD 20 Hz - 20 kHz for 1 W: < 0.1%
- THD at 1 kHz and 1 dB below clipping: < 0.05%
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >112 dBA
- Channel Separation (Crosstalk) at 1 kHz: >70dB
- Frequency response (1 W into 8 ohms): +0/-3 dB 2Hz - 34.2 kHz
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms
- Input Common Mode Rejection, CMR: 54 dB
- Output impedance @ 100 Hz: 56 megohms
- For full specifications, refer to Technical Data Sheet attached under the Documentation Tab
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.